Sunday 28 January 2018

RARE Necklace as in Anna Sui

Risultati immagini per anna sui logo



RAREs are not only clothes. They can be also accessories.
RAREs are not only in suites. They can be also in Beauty Parlor.

Not everyone knows it, but as I have luckily discovered years and years ago, you can find RAREs also in Beauty Parlor.
These RAREs are more hidden and consequently hardest to find.
I write in the plural but I must be honest with you: at the moment I know only one RARE item you can find in Beauty Parlor (and I'm really happy to say I own it!).
I'm talking about RARE Necklace as in Anna Sui (I know, it's an ugly name, but is Stardoll fault!).

The photos are really ugly, forgive me.
As you can see is a feathers necklace. Black pearls on the neck, the white things are something like hooks used to hook (sorry but it's difficult to explain!) the blue, light blue, pink and two different brown with different lenght feathers that are used to create an ethnic necklace.




The feathers give to the necklace a lot of volume and they shroud completely the neck.
The feathers are not really well made and you can see not a great job is done on the white supports.
I think it's an old piece and I can't find a Dress Up doll with this item.








An other interesting thing is that doesn't appear the Shop on the label, so we can hypothesise it was realeased in a Shop that is not in Starplaza anymore.
The current value is Starcoins and this is the reason is difficult to find in Starbazaar.







You can use it as a necklace (but be careful with your chin, the RARE could cover it!)





But also as a bracelet



What about the real life version? I think Stardoll hadn't took inspiration from a particular Anna Sui Fashion Show. I've checked every Collection from 2000 to 2010 and I haven't found something that completely match our RARE.
But I can hypothesise, again.

Anna Sui has proposed various ethnic collections, expecially with Indian American inspirations.
I suggest you to take a look to the Anna Sui Spring Summer 2005 Collection, published by Vogue ( https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2005-ready-to-wear/anna-sui/slideshow/collection ). Maybe Stardoll took inspiration from this collection. What do you think?
I'll show you some details that have convinced me, expecially the first one.



 Models from the left: Mariacarla Boscono, Isabeli Fontana, Audrey Marnay

What do you think? Have you other ideas? Let me know with a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment